Decor, Lighting :-
Kindly ensure the lighting compliments and enhances the decor rather than comprising the exposure and representing poor colors. For example, use of blue / pink fog lights placed directly to the couple on stage will only result in harsh exposure and the details and hence lost. Kindly get in touch with us for examples so that we can help you out with this.
Use of Mobiles :-
Having fun is one thing but disturbing the professionals or coming in between the frame when they are shooting is another. We request you to kindly make everyone understand or better than that, place a board request people to keep their phones away and not to interrupt the professionals at work. We understand the urge to click a pic.. But that can’t be 50 pics of the same sort compromising on the time allocated to the photographer.
How to get the best pictures :-
- Best Pictures are obtained from a perfect light and decor balance coupled with those candid moments you’d want to be captured.
- Wedding Planners help ease off the pressure on your D-day by taking care of all minute things and putting them in place.
- Coordination is the key, help the hotel/banquet staff understand the quality of work being carried out so as to ensure they do not interrupt the proceedings by moving in front of the cameras while serving.
- It is an essential part of the Wedding process. Even if you may not like it but do care to grab a picture or two for memories.
- Do your homework in terms of how to pose and what posture is best for you. Share it with us and we will give our inputs.. Hence, there will be nothing left out.
- Poses can be candid or just standing somewhere while we compose the frame, so don’t get turned off by the term as it doesn’t mean to be a traditional thing everytime.
Great compositions are key and those can be achieved in a open scenario with empty spaces or in a crowded environment, given the coordination being good among the client, guests and photographer as people tend to push the photographers away from the action for one reason or the other.
Stage Photographs :-
- Stage/Group Photographs are essential.. They serve as a reminder of who came and serves you with a single picture of people whom you may not have met for years and in a professional manner. You may not want to miss out on those.
- During Stage Photography it is essential to first pose for the photographer and then the guests can feel free to interact. As it becomes easy to interact with a focused group in case someone blinks or is shot with a open mouth.
- Managing multiple people may be difficult for a Stage Photographer as due to various ambience noises he may have to pitch his voice louder for people to hear.
Whom to Hire :-
Kindly ensure a clarity in terms of what photography suits your requirements..
- For Emphasis on Coverage, we recommend at least 2 Traditional Photographers
- If you are fond of Candid Photography, better opt for 2 Candid Photographers and 1 Traditional as the coverage portion is also dealt with in the same package by the Traditional Photography.
- For a Overall package.. We recommend, 2 Traditional Photographers, 2 Candid Photographers.
- For Video a Traditional Video for taking care of the coverage.
- Cinematography for a dedicated video for the couple and close ones.
- Kindly inform the photographer about the complete schedule, any modifications in it or performances etc.
- Do not surprise your wedding photographer in terms of Performances as we need to know what is happening to ensure the preparedness.
Terms and Conditions
This contract is between Our Wedding Chapter (Photographer) and the Client(s)
Our Wedding Chapter reserves the right to use the images for promotional and publishing purposes. We work hard to achieve something different every time and as artists it is important to showcase our work. The client(s) hereby allows us to display any photograph covered by this contract and to generally promote the business in advertising, brochures, magazine articles, websites, sample albums etc. The Client(s) can share the images online and on social media but cannot sell without any royalty to the photographer. We do not and will not sell any images of our client unless permitted as we respect their privacy and honour our professional bond. However if the client wishes not to share any of their belongings with us including Photo, Video, there will be additional charges for the same.
Model Release: The Clients grant the Photographer and its legal representatives, heirs and assigns, the irrevocable and unlimited consent to use the photographs of the Clients for editorial, competition, advertising and any other purpose and in any manner, to alter the photographs without restriction; and to copyright the images. The Clients hereby release the Photographer and its legal representatives, heirs and assigns from all liability and claims in connection with the images.
All images uploaded are watermarked apart from a few portals that request otherwise. We present our images in the lowest resolution possible so as to ensure it is not misused.
- For a booking involving a church ceremony or at certain venues, the photographer’s movements are sometimes restricted by the official in charge. The area from which the photographer is able to cover the ceremony may not be the photographer’s choice and the photographer cannot accept responsibility for any obstructed view should this be the case.
- Due to a variety of lighting conditions and the limitations of digital sensors, some colours may alter throughout a set of photographs. We request the clients to keep the venue properly lit up as lighting is assigned to the decor incharge / planner.
- Although all equipment is checked regularly and reasonable steps are taken to ensure backup equipment is available, the photographer will not be responsible for photographs that are not produced due to technical failure.
- The Photographer and team will not be held responsible for any lighting issue during the shoot as it is upto the clients to organize the venue and brief them about the kind of lighting and stage setup. Any lapses on the décor and venue is not the photographers responsibility as it is the personal choice of the client and hence the photographer will not be held responsible for any dark backgrounds or miscellaneous colors obtained in the images, however the client can ask for the photographers advice to ensure a smooth professional outlook which will give the best output.
Our shooting schedule, style of working and experience are designed to achieve a great set of wedding photos for the Clients, accomplished with good humour and enjoyed by all concerned. Both the Clients and the Photographers therefore agree that punctuality and cheerful cooperation are essential to producing outstanding photographic results. In cases where the wedding does not run on time (for example, extreme lateness by any of the client or guest) we cannot guarantee to take our normal set of photos although in such circumstances we will do our absolute best to compensate.
Paparazzi Wedding Guests:
All your guests will have digital cameras and all your guests will want to photograph the Clients. In the spirit of cheerful cooperation the Clients agree to give the Photographers precedence over the guests in order to take the photographs required for the wedding services described above. We cannot be held liable for a lack of wedding photos if guests taking their own photos of the Clients continually interrupt the Photographer’s work.
House Rules: Note the Photographers are sometimes limited by rules imposed by registrars, ministers and venue management as to what can and cannot be done. For example some ministers insist that no flash photography is allowed, and others will insist that the Photographers shoot from a specific location. Also, in some cases specially hotels and resorts the photographer may not be allowed to setup the equipments or even enter the premises. In such circumstances the Clients agree to accept the technical limitations that may be imposed on the equipment used. We advise the Clients to make themselves aware of the rules of the venue concerned and if necessary negotiate with the personnel concerned.
Payment Terms :
- 50% advance to block the dates for the event(s).
- Remaining 50% to be presented on the Day prior to the Wedding Day. Please note, the editing starts once the full payment is received and cleared.
- Any Traveling Charges for shoots outside Delhi is to be covered along with the advance.
- It is not easy for us to bother the client before the day of event just for payment and hence request the client to make the payments on time to ensure smooth work flow as we do not appreciate getting in queue for payments on the date of event as we work hard and prefer being treated as professionals.
- Titles to all goods remains with the photographer until paid for in full by the client(s). This period is limited to 1 month from the date of event. Failure to pay completely will result in a legal action.
- In case of delay in payment or unprofessional behavior by the client(s), after a 1 month extension (from the date of event ) the photographer reserves the right to erase the captured data from his archives and will no longer be held responsible for any deliverables.
- Any service charge liable will be mentioned separately.
Delay in Payment Fine / Charges :
In case of delay in the payment after the completion of the event..
- 12% of the amount will be charged every month of non-payment. The deliverables hence will only shared upon complete payment + penalty/interest amount.
Client will receive a confirmation mail and a receipt on receiving the Booking amount. This mail confirms the Booking with us. Only after receiving mentioned booking amount can the booking be made. Any verbal communication DOES NOT guarantee a booking if the advance amount is not paid.
Cancellation / Refund :
Since we work on limited projects, we DO NOT offer any refunds whatsoever. Under any circumstance the clients request for a refund will be rejected. The final decision remains with the Photographer.
In the event of cancellation by the photographer liability shall be limited to a full refund of any fees / booking amount paid only.
Expectations and demands are met when there is complete transparency from both ends. Kindly ensure the details are accurate and in case of any other team being booked from the other end, we would request the client to help co-ordinate as any lack of communication may hamper the end result.
Force Majeure :
If the photographer is unable to attend the wedding due to illness or any other unforeseen circumstances preventing his attendance a suitable replacement photographer will be provided by the photographer.
( please note we emphasize more on quality than quantity and hence kindly communicate your expectations before going through the deal )
- Traditional Photography : The number of photographs can range from 200 to 1000 depending on the type and length of the event.
- Candid Photography : Candid Photographs are at minimum of 70-100 for a small event and can go upto 250-500 for a big day.. it can be more depending on the number of photographers and content.
- Wedding Film : Our Wedding Film comprises of a Wedding Trailer of ( 5- 10 mins ) + Complete Wedding Film of ( 25 – 40 mins ).
- Cinematography : Our Cinematography package features Wedding Trailer of ( 3-7 mins ) + Cinematic Video of ( 25 – 40 mins depending on coverage and length of events )
- Albums / Photobooks : Any album promised in the package will be delivered within 20-25 days after successful short-listing of the images. Any last demands of additional albums will be charged extra.
- Editing Feedback : In terms of any edits in the video, the client is entitled to Music Changes, Clip removal and addition, Adding Images to the video, Add/Removal of Soundbytes. We do not add footage to the Highlight Reel because the Documentary Reel contains all the key moments of your day. For a complete redo or additional video edit request, the services will be chargeable in addition to the package.
- Standard Delivery Date can vary from 30 – 45 days for photographs and 50 – 90 days for video depending on season rush… However we will provide the traditional photographs as early as possible.
- You will receive Color Corrected and sorted Photographs of your event within 30-45 days of the even closure or payment closure whichever comes later.
- The clients are requested to share a Hard Disk with the photographer in order to transfer raw video data and other edits if they wish.
Hiring us means hiring a team of professionals and we’d appreciate if we are treated the same way throughout. Any drunken guest can be a source of causing this situation or anyone who hasn’t had the experience of a qualified team. Hence, we request you to kindly inform such guests, venue staff and the other team ( if hired ) to carry out the event in a decent manner.
Misbehavior by any guest or opposite team and unprofessional behavior will under no circumstances be tolerated and may result in a walkout if the situation goes from bad to worse. In case of a walkout the client is still entitled to compensate the remaining amount of the contract irrespective of the timing.
As professionals we are committed to our work however as humans we do have a level of tolerance. Any misbehavior with any of our male/female teammate cannot be ignored. The same applies to our team. We are entitled to behave sophisticatedly and professionally and under no circumstances are we to deviate from our ethics unless provoked.
Additional Charges :
Additional Charges are applicable as follows:
- Additional Albums, Prints, Edits or other requests such as international delivery or hard drive purchases are chargeable extra.
- High End Editing requests such as background replacements, photo-manipulation, skinny edits ( in case of double chins, broad shoulder, arms or any other specification ) will be charged extra.
- As professionals we tend to reach the venue at least 30 mins prior, however in case the time mentioned in the contract and the event start time exceeds more than 1 hour, an additional charge of Rs. 3,000 is applicable.
- There will be no charge for events completion till 4:30 am ( during weddings ). However on exceeding 5:30 am an additional charge of Rs. 5,000 is applicable.
- TV Screens, Photobooths, Flex Boards, Prints and other miscellaneous add-ons are chargeable as per the requirements unless mentioned in the contract. We do not deal in these add-ons and we can only recommend a 3rd party as we prefer to focus more on our own work and consider these additions to be part of Event Planning and not Photography
- Kindly note that we do not accept album submissions between Oct to Feb for weddings done prior. In case of delayed submissions there is an additional designing charge to get the albums delivered on priority.
- In case of a complete redo of a Traditional Video Teaser, kindly get in touch to know the additional charges.
- For a complete redo of a Cinematic Teaser the additional charges will vary as per requirement.
- We welcome all inputs within 2 months from the date of delivery, prior to that all edits / modifications are chargeable as mentioned above.
Both parties must be transparent in terms of expectations and deliverables agreed.
- It is mutually agreed that the following terms of agreement form an integral part of this contract and that no variation or modification of this contract shall be effective unless agreed by both parties in writing.
- Our Wedding Chapter reserves the right to modify the terms but not during a particular ongoing contract. The clients will be informed before any modifications.
- We request the clients to kindly go through the said terms to reach agreement.
- This contract for wedding photography services is effective from the date it is signed by the photographer and the couple.
- Our Wedding Chapter representatives / photographers agree to be in attendance on the date shown and to provide the couple with the photographic package promised.
- The photographer agrees that the package priced and confirmed will not hike for the said party for the booked event unless the party requests to add more photographers or demands more paid services. Including albums, display screens, more manpower, photo-booths, drones etc.
- The couple agree to pay a 25% non-refundable deposit to secure their desired date and understand that in any event of cancellation this deposit is non-refundable and nontransferable to any other products or services.
- The couple agree to pay the full remaining balance of the photography package purchased by the arrival of team at the day of event or as per mention above.
- The photographer agrees that every effort will be made to provide the highest quality photographic services in the prevailing conditions.
- The photographer will discuss a shot list with the couple prior to the wedding to outline the normal shooting plan at every wedding. The photographer will also ask the couple to provide a list of family photographs they request to have taken on the wedding. If no list is provided the photographer will capture as many family shots as possible in the time frame given but cannot be held accountable by the couple for family shots missed due to the couple not providing a list.
- In the unlikely event of total or part photographic failure, equipment failure, hard drive failure, memory card failure, theft, death, injury or illness, accident or other unforeseen circumstances beyond the photographers control, the photographers liability shall be limited to a full refund of all moneys paid and the photographer shall not be responsible for other consequential damages, emotional or otherwise.
- No one other than the photographer/client is permitted to edit any photographs provided by the photographer unless the photographer grants permission.
- The Photographer is entitled to refuse to provide the Raw Photographic files to the client as all the content is edited and only then handed over. However, the client can demand raw footage of the video.
- The couple will receive the best images from the wedding, selected by the photographer and edited to a professional standard, the couple will not receive RAW files or negatives.
- In booking the photographer, you have taken into consideration the photographers style and are granting artistic license in all aspects relating to the photography of your wedding.
- We also request the Client to inform the Venue Staff about our Arrival so that there are no complications in terms of checking, pass, parking and other issues at the time of the event to avoid any time wastage and help them understand the level of work being carried out.
- In case the client also hires a separate team of professionals for the event. It is to be understood that the Our Wedding Chapter is not liable for any “missed shot” or “poor framing” due to other cameras appearing in the frame.
- Our Wedding Chapter reserves the right to shred the data in case of no payment or no response at the clients end. We respect your connection with your special day but we cannot be the only ones to care about the same.
- The Client also agrees to not use any images or video or any product provided by us till the complete payment has been made.
Donation ( optional ):
We have a soft spot for social and environmental causes and appreciate a 1% donation off the package for noble causes. We have our tie ups with certain NGO’s and would love to have our clients to be a part of this initiative.
Also, We request you to kindly inform the venue staff on their approach in terms of dealing with our requirements and their behavior so that we can carry out the event in a professional manner.
Both Parties Will automatically agree to the mentioned terms on Booking.
I ( client ) hereby agree to the terms of service and deliverables promised by Our Wedding Chapter and confirm that they are upto my knowledge and have no problem in handing over the responsibility to them.